Candidate’s Educational Qualification for Admission
Bachelor Of Science In Nursing (BSc In Nursing):
- Education:HSC form Science Group with Biology. SSC and HSC total result must be GPA 7.00. Below GPA 00 (SSC/HSC) is not allowed.
- Passing Year:HSC recent/ a year earlier.
Diploma In Nursing Science and Midwifery:
- Education:SSC/Equivalent GPA (Grade Point Average) minimum of 50 and HSC/Equivalent GPA minimum 2.50 (Only Female). The total GPA should be GPA 6.00.
- Passing Year:HSC recent/ a year earlier
Terms of Diploma In Nursing Admission
- Applicants must be permanent citizens of Bangladesh.
- The candidate must be married and in good health (marital status does not apply to the Diploma in Midwifery Course)
- For freedom fighter’s children, 20 seatsfor Diploma in Midwifery Course, 22 seats for Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSc in Nursing) and 52 seats for Diploma in Nursing Science and Midwifery course will be reserved. All these candidates must have educational qualifications like the others. Reserved seats will be filled on the basis of merit. The remaining seats will be selected on the basis of 60% national merit quota and 40% district quota.
- A reasonable number of merit-based waiting lists will be published and meritoriously selected candidates will be admitted in vacant seats (if vacant) on admission.
- The candidate on which institution will get admission, it will depend on the number marks in the written test and the order of choice given by the candidate.
- Government (BNMC) Admission fee for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSc in Nursing) 700, Diploma in Nursing Science and Midwifery course 500 Tk. will be required to be paid by Teletalk Pre-Paid Mobile.
- 100 Marks MCQexams will be held. Candidates having a score of less than 30 will be considered as ineligible.
Earlier students used to apply in the Diploma of Nursing course manually. They collect an application form from the respective nursing institution. After filling up the form by hand used to submit hand to hand. But in the digital era, that system does not exist.
Directorate General of Nursing and Midwifery introduce an SMS application system to apply for the nursing diploma. It saves both time and money. The best thing is this process without pain students can apply from home by sending two SMS.
Candidates should apply through SMS, specifying the center code number of the center where they want to take the admission test. The name and code number of the center are given below.
Diploma In Nursing Science and Midwifery
DGNM N First 3 letter of HSC board name HSC Roll Number HSC Passing Year First 3 letter of SSC board name SSC Roll Number SSC Passing Year Expected 10 college Code by comma Selected Center Code Quota Code (if applicable)
Send to 16222.
Example(with quota): DGNM N DHA 123456 2020 BAR 112233 2018 50,51,52, 54,55,56, 57,58 ,59, 60 1 FF and Send to 16222.
Example(without quota): DGNM N DHA 123456 2018 DHA 112233 2016 50,51,52, 54,55,56, 57,58 ,59, 60 1 and Send to 16222.
Education Board Keyword
- Dhaka Board – DHK
- Barisal Board – BAR
- Sylhet Board – SYL
- Comilla Board – COM
- Rajshahi Board – RAJ
- Jessore Board – JES
- Chittagong Board – CHI
- Dinajpur Board – DIN
- Madrasah Board – MAD
- Diploma In BM – BIB
- HSC In BM – HBM
- Technical Board – TEC
- Open University – OTH
- Application fee for BSC In Nursing:700 Tk.
- Application Fee For Diploma In Nursing Science: 500 Tk.
- Midwifery and Diploma In Midwifery course:500 Tk.
After sending an application message then within a short time you will be given an SMS. In this SMS you will get application fee requirement and PIN number. If you agree to pay and confirm your application then you have to send 2nd SMS. Go to your mobile message option and then type like below.
DGNM M YES PIN Your Mobile Number
Example: jDGNM M YES 1234 01763674756
[ Note: M for Diploma In Midwifery. Use H for BSC in Nursing and N for Diploma In Nursing Science and Midwifery]
Now send this message to 16222
The admission fee will be deducted from your mobile phone balance. So you have to recharge sufficient money in your mobile.
If you send this confirmation message then within a moment you get a successful SMS with User ID and Password.
Note: Preserve your PIN number, User ID and Password for further usages.
Admit Card Download
Candidates can download nursing diploma admit card from online. See the following details. As per Diploma In Nursing Admission Circular admit card download facility available after some days or application. Within this time students can download their admit card.
To download the Diploma In Nursing Admission Admit Card just go to the below link.
You can see a window like below image. Type your Username and Password and then click on the Submit button.
Exam System of Nursing Admission
The exam time is (10 am to 11 am) 1 hour. A diploma in the Nursing admission test will be held at a time across the country.
Facilities and Restrictions during the Course
- You cannot study at any other educational institution during the course.
- According to the syllabus/curriculum, students should have participated in day and night practical training.
- Government Institutional Courses will be provided monthly scholarship (stipend) at the allocated rate during the study period.
- During the course, the rules and regulations of the respective universities and Bangladesh Nursing and Midwifery Council should be adhered to properly.
- No TA / DA will be provided for attending the course.
- There will be no guarantee of government employment after the completion of the course.
- Migration/transfer will be fully closed during the study.
- The dress should be worn according to the dress code during the study period.
Admission Test Mark Distribution
The admission test will be held on 100 marks.
- Bengali: 15 marks
- English: 15 marks
- Physics: 15 marks
- Chemistry: 15 marks
- Biology: 30 marks
- General Knowledge: 10 mark
Necessary Documents Requirement For Selected Candidates
The following papers are required for the selected students at the time of the admission process.
- Original certificate of SSC and HSC
- Original grade sheet of SSC and HSC
- 3 copies attested color photo(attested by 1 st class officer)
- Admit card
- Chairman Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Freedom Fighter Certificate (For FF quota)
Nursing is a noble profession. Every year a lot of students get a chance abroad hospital. The salary margin is also good. In Bangladesh, there is a huge opportunity to serve the nation as a nurse.
Higher nursing course is also available in the neighbor foreign country. Besides, in our country, many well-known hospitals arrange a different nursing workshop to built a better nursing career.
So, don’t be late. Apply now. If you need any assistant regarding the nursing course feels free to inform us. We will give our best effort to help you.
Details instructions for applicant regarding nursing admission is available at http://dgnm.teletalk.com.bd.
Diploma In Nursing Admission Circular is available in The Midwifery Directorate’s website (www.dgnm.gov.bd) and Bangladesh Nursing and Midwifery Council’s website (www.bnmc.gov.bd).